Monday 29 September 2014

CURIOUS

I am a particularly inquisitive boy. Always have been. I once took a stroll with a friend when she started laughing upon a sudden. I thought her mom's orogun had corroborated with a Babalawo to take her sanity. But no, she had noticed something written in Hausa on the wall of an uncompleted building. It said: "dump refuse here and DIE".
I lol'd and accepted the challenge. Why and how would someone die by dumping refuse. So I unwrapped a bubblegum, walked back 20meters, dumped the refuse beneath that writing -- that was 4years ago. In case you haven't noticed, I an not dead! Unless, of course, we're all dead and are now living in the world Bruce Willis lived in for 90% of 'Sixth Sense'.
I am not a teenager anymore (sobs), & I couldn't possibly reach such levels of preposterousness even if I tried, but I'm still very much a card carrying member of the skeptic's society. I just wanna know why, and how.
Why do the Nigeria(n?) Police parade alleged suspects before they are arraigned and convicted. Whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'. That question has been getting my goats for quite some time. I (you) could very easily be in the vicinity of 'dem boyz' and be arrested with them. That is a mere coincidence in my opinion, but being paraded shirtless & in boxers is a different ball game all together.  Is it constitutional? Is it even legal? What does the law say about that!
Unfortunately, I'm no lawyer, so I can't give a definitive answer. Fortunately, I have a jillion lawyers around me and I've mailed three of them. If I get a response before noon tomorrow, that'll be the post of the day. If I don't, then something else. Until then.
A very good morning.

---->>>>Cue (Superstar, Gangster, Master blaster..)

1 comment:

  1. Not seeing a new post by you at this time, i take it u have not from your 'jillion lawyer friends' you have. I hope we'll hear from you soon..

    ReplyDelete