Friday 12 September 2014

AS E DEY GO

I'm guessing you're alive and well. My hair is two weeks past due for clippers. I don't know why I told you that, I just felt like I should share something personal with y'all. I've said it before but lemme just reiterate that I don't have high hopes of/for this thing...I merely wanted to gratify a gnawing curiosity. And I have. 'Captaincue; proud founder, owner and CEO of captaincue's blog' sounds good, does it not!
Really, at the beginning, I envisaged that by the end of 2014; 5months after the birth of this blog, I might be able to get a hundred views at the entirety of my posts. Yet, here we are, a little over two weeks after I drunkenly made my first post from a tiny cyber-café in metropolitan Ilorin, there's been a cool 463 page views. *sobs*
I don't usually get emotional about these things, but what is happening?!!!! Now I can no longer pretend this thing doesn't matter coz for some reason, it does. It got me to thinking: more readership, more observations, more criticism, more kudos and more obligation on my part to do right by this thing. And most of all, the more glaring my mistakes (grammatical, codification) will be. Its bloody exciting people.
Shout out to my friends who share the link. Shout out to the peeps who click. Shout out to Emeka for clothing me.  Shout out to my brother, and sisters. I've not exactly fulfilled a dream....which kid dreams of becoming a blogger?!!!!! I'm happy though. I'll end this episode here before I start crying.
Wow. Thank you all. Until later...
--->>>Captaincue (oya j'ijo Shoki)

3 comments: