Wednesday 28 January 2015

EVERY LITTLE HELPS...

There's such a thing as rehearsals,  where artistes practice before climbing the podium to perform songs; mostly from earlier in their careers. When I listen to Saheed Osupa effortlessly render a line from MasterBlaster; an album two decades old (give or take), I marvel at the kinds of brain God blessed some people with -- AND the kind HE (GOD) cursed some of us with.

Academically, I'm bang average. I would say: 'generally, I'm bang average' but I won't, coz I come up with some complex thoughts occasionally that puts my (self)perceived dumbness in question.
I'm typing this without ever really putting it in longhand -- so I'll take an example of such 'complex thinking' from the paragraph above where I wrote "..the kinds HE (GOD) cursed some of us with."
Typing that, I thought; why do I think God is a HIM. Could HE be a SHE? Does (S)HE exist? How did (S)HE come to exist?
God was there in the beginning, no? What was there before the beginning!
Whether you believe in evolution or creationism, when your thinking takes you to these dizzying realms, you actually enjoy the debate with self until you feel yourself standing perilously on the cliff of insanity.

When I started this little blog, I knew there's a perpetual search for happy-ness by most everyone & I thought I'd contribute my little token to everyone's hustle by posting stuff I learn about being happy. So I wrote a catchphrase at the top lefthand corner of my blog which I hoped would catch on. The catchphrase was "Every Little Helps".

Then about a month later, I settled down to watch Wrestlemania when a Tesco advert came on & at the end of that ad, they wrote & said: "Tesco.......every little helps". What the fuck!! This was MY catchphrase. Mine! So I googled Tesco & found that the company was opened in 1919; now a multinational company with a revenue of £70billion & more than 6000 megastores worldwide! Fucking Tesco...

So I removed that pithy catchphrase & licked my wounds. The silver lining was that I came up with something that smart in the first place; (having never heard of Tesco) -- something such a huge company paid a lot of money to professionals to come up with.
Maybe I'm not that bad after all.

If you're one who insists on getting "the moral of the story", here it is: When in dire straits happiness-wise, look for the positive things you've done in your life. Give yourself a high five; Barney-Stinson-style, roll a blunt & smoke a joint/go to church/drink with friends/talk to someone smart/listen to music at full volume or do whatever you do to get troubling stuff out your mind. Cut yourself some slack. Give yourself some credit.
The positivity & accompanying perspective will return in time & you'll be good to go again.

---->>>>Captaincue (that's how I get by...)

2 comments:

  1. I do likewise. It does help. Nice piece, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I hope to make a habit of writing nice missives.
    Thanks man

    ReplyDelete