Wednesday 31 December 2014

Cue's 2014 Remarkable Moments

In no particular order, here are the ones I can remember:
1. Wenger's shove on Mourinho.
--> There is something beautifully strange when you see a 64 year old threatening to beat up a 50-something year old. Safe to say Jose got under Wenger's public patina of sophistication, and the result was something you don't see everyday.

2. The FIFA World Cup.
--> Against the backdrop of public protests by citizens on the economic implications of hosting that tournament, the World Cup was still a beautiful spectacle. Brazil were a joke, Musa was sublime AND there's something about seeing grown women supporting their country in bikinis. Very, very patriotic!

3. Boko Haram.
--> Somebody make this stop. Please.

4. C-fcvking Ronaldo.
--> I watched this guy's debut for United in 2004. Watched him develop into the player he is. A sporting hero of mine. Is it wrong that I plan to name my son CR7? It is..? I can't hear you.

5. G.E.J's laughable quotes.
--> My pick of the bunch has to be "...over 70% of what's called corruption, even by EFCC & other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption but COMMON stealing".
Trying to insult the intelligence of citizens is awful.

6. Ebola
--> Arrest, curtail & eventual defeat of the dreadful disease in Nigeria. Shout out to everyone involved; most especially those that lost their lives in the process. Here's to hoping there's no recurrence.

7. Patrick Sawyer.
--> Pariah!!

8. I.S.I.S
--> Stop giving Islam a bad name.

9. 9.3million dollars arms deal.
--> Some people are trying to embarrass Nigeria; with some success one must say. Fuck all those involved.

10. Atletico Madrid
--> For breaking the hegemony of Real & Barca in La Liga. Was quite refreshing seeing the underdogs come out tops.

11. 'Man Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie With Gun'
--> Smh. Everything wrong with a generation summed up in that headline.

12. David Moyes.
--> A good man woefully out of his depth. Was mercifully put out of his misery by the sack.

13. Mass Failure at Nigerian Law Schools
--> Ehya.

14. Threat to Ponmo.
--> I actually wrote a piece about this: http://captaincue.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/ponmo.html?m=1. It better remain a threat.

15. Shmurda dance.
--> Funny dance step. I actually know how to do the dance. I know it means the square root of nonsense, but it still makes me feel good.

16. Double Wahala's backup vocals.
--> Maddening.

17. San Antonio Spurs. Die Manschaft.

18. Novak Djokovic.
--> The only athlete with no visible weakness.

19. Alomo bitters. McDowell's whisky. Trophy & Satzenbrau beers.
--> For providing alternate (cheap) alcohol for the poor masses.

20. My Ray Ben.
--> People actually thought I had a Ray Ban. People eh?

21. Akube shorts.
--> For coming in handy on weekends.

22. Alata & Under-G in Ogbomoso. Every hangout in Ilorin.

23. Instagram. FalzTheBadGuy'sInstagram videos. Twitter. BBM. Blogger (application).
--> For obvious reasons.

24. Drake's verse in 'Only'.
--> The world could do with that sort of honesty.

25. Mukaila 'the Modaran Morogo guy'.
--> Hilarity personified.

26. Ileya rams. Christmas chickens/turkeys...

27. TAN.
--> For their "it was not easy for..." advert. Would be funny if it wasn't stupid.

28. Secondhand books, Ebooks, Books gàngán, Kwara state library, Unilorin library & all literati.

29.Doyin Okupe's repeated criminal attempts to delude us.

30. Megbele & Ganga da Garaya.
--> Lord knows I don't understand what Omawumi & Morell said in those songs, but I fvcking love those songs.

31. Yemi Alade's laziness.
--> Why can't she go to Cynthia for tutorials on how to satisfy Johnny.

32. Are you Ghana dance o...
--> Lol.

33. DJ Khaled.
--> His funny use of words in Hold You Down.

34. Women.
--> I like women a lot you see, they fuel my fires.

35. Brock Lesnar
--> His fabulous F5s ended Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania. And for his ruthless domination of John Cena at SummerSlam.
Roman Reigns was awesome too.

36. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Shoki.
--> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shoki
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shoki....
       Lol

37. My Tecno phone.
--> We've been through a lot bro, I will miss you when I upgrade to a better Tecno phone in 2015.

So, I guess that's pretty much 'it'. I'm sure I left some things out...but its only a blog post. The biggest shout out is reserved for everyone who visited my blog in 2014. Here's to a better 2015.
Cheers.

----->>>>Captaincue.

1 comment: