Sunday 19 October 2014

WHEN IS IT NIGHT

It is never, at any point in time, totally dark the world over. This is the case because the earth revolves around the Sun, while it (the earth) spins on its axis; which is defined as an imaginary line running from North pole to South pole. The earth being a spherical entity, it works out that one half of it (the earth) faces the Sun and is consequently illuminated while the other half, hidden from the Sun is dark. Day and Night they call these two phases. Pretty simple, I think.

However, a little something gives my earth palpitations (see what I did there?). It's something I think about when I retire to my bed and can't fall asleep. It's a nonsense thought I know, but I just need some clarification. There are some caveats, but basically, when its bright, its day and when its dark its night.

Before noon, its morning. After noon, as the name suggests; is afternoon. Now what evening entails is sort of vaguely defined as the period between dusk and when it gets dark. Night however, is very fucked up. When I call a girl up around, say, 8pm..its still 'Good evening'. Just before midnight nko? Say, 11pm. How do you greet someone around that time? Good night doesn't sound right.

When its 1am, its morning already. Is there a night? Yes? When does it begin and when does it end. Idle thoughts on my end. Dunno what the main feature of the week will be, as school is back in session -- but I'll come up with something good; as is my prerogative.

Until then. Be excellent!

--->>>Cue (..dreaming of what could be)

2 comments:

  1. Night or nighttime (sp. night-time or night time) is the period of time between the sunset and the sunrise when the Sun is below the horizon.

    ReplyDelete