Thursday 6 July 2017

Firing Cylinders

I used to be prolific. Regularly rolling out content like no man's business. And then I wasn't anymore. Laziness? That could be it, although I'd rather hope not. 'Lack of focus' is a damning indictment of a person's person and it could also be true, but once again, I'd rather hope not. So let's put breast in each other's mouths and say my lack of production was because I was very particular about correctitude and publishing stuff that makes complete sense. Let's say that has seen my output dwindle alarmingly.
About 10months ago, I traveled for an interview and lost my phone in a danfo; along with my contacts, videos & photos. Painful as hell. I just wish I had backed them the fuck up. That applies to my writings as well. Oftentimes, I start writing when I get an idea, but because the thoughts are somewhat controversial, or the ideas had refused to completely crystallize, I don't finish it. Now I realize that a senseless prose is still prose, its just senseless. And one needs to back up original ideas by publishing them.

I think, sometimes, you don't have to find an essence, you ought to just write and hope someone makes a meaning of it. Not unlike abstract paintings; there's meaning hidden underneath all that nonsense. Now, doing that will occasionally blur the already faded lines of political correctness and might paint a vivid picture of you that you want outchea. BUT, after a hundred published musings on the internet, my creative compass needs to change direction.
Bill Clinton amusingly said of his deposition during the Lewinsky scandal:
"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' means. If 'is' means is, and never has been, that's one thing. If it means, there is none, that was a completely true statement"
So, inspired by Mr. Clinton and to whom it may concern; from this point onwards, and for future plausible deniability due to the drastically altered direction I'm steering this thing, when I use I, I might not mean me. That is, when I write about scenarios that involve what some could term 'immoral', we can safely assume its a work of fiction.
Hope this gets more wind in my sails. We'll see.

CAPTAINCUE (...is a freelance writer taking on gigs for unridiculous money. Send me a direct message on Twitter @Captaincue or send me a mail with your writing needs at kaptaincue@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment